Dance Birthday Parties
NOTE: Parties are currently on hold until we have staffing in place to help again. Our apologies.
Small Fry Dance Club offers private birthday parties for preschool age children. Although we have a general birthday party dance class plan, we pride ourselves on being able to create an event that is unique and special! Music choices, party themes, class exercises, meals, treats, and even the dance teacher can be selected by your Small Fry! Below you will find an outline of dance party basics.
Please submit the birthday party request form to check on studio availability. The online form is located at the bottom of this page.
Birthday party basics
- The bundled cost is $300.00
- A 50% non-refundable deposit is due upon booking.
- Cost includes up to 14 dancers and their families.
- Additional children are $12/each up to 20 children max. (In the dance class)
- Please be aware of your total guest attendees. This number should not exceed 45.
- Recommended ages for Small Fry birthday parties are children turning 2,3,4, or 5 years old.
- Older children can book a party through Principal Arts. (www.PrincipalArts.com)
We plan and lead a private class for your birthday boy or girl and guests. The theme can be defined by you and your Small Fry. Some ideas could include: A Cowgirl/Cowboy, Princess, Ballerina, Dance Party, Trash/recycling, superhero, or anything else you can think of.
Parties are 2 hours long with 30 minutes alotted before the party for setup of food and decorations. You will also have 30 minutes after the party to breakdown anything you need to take home. (3 hrs total)
The balance is due 1 week before your event.
Final Guest list is due 1 week prior to event. We will bill according to the list you provide. No refunds for dancers that do not show up the day of the party, as we will be staffing based on your original list.
We are currently taking party reservations for Saturdays only.
Possible times are:
3:00pm – 5:00pm
3:30pm – 5:30pm
4:00pm – 6:00pm
Each family will need to sign a release of liability waiver before their child participates in the group dance class.
Please note we have only one birthday party each Saturday afternoon.
We also do not have refrigeration accommodations. Please plan accordingly.
- Fog machines and bubble machines are not allowed.
- No food in the dance studios.
- No shoes in studio C.
- No open flames. (chafing dishes)
- No alcohol.
Provided by Small Fry Dance Club on the day of your event.
- 2-3 6ft folding tables,
- 1 4 ft. card table for presents and favors
- 4 children’s picnic benches (seat 4 each)
- 12 latex helium balloons in color(s) of your choice to add to the decor.
- 1 dance studio open for your use (age/size of group may determine studio we use)
- 1 or 2 teachers to lead a private 45-minute dance class
- (Dance and Performance curriculum with consideration of party themes and personal requests in prop and music choices. Our goal during class is that all are dancing and having fun. We back off of structured technical lessons for birthday party class time.)
- One staff member (host) to assist with setup and clean up.
- You dancer will also get a surprise gift from SFDC!
A Typical Party
We can customize to fit your needs but this is our typical internal schedule:
- 30-min prior to party start time for setup. Birthday Party family only during this time.
- 15-min Meet and greet arrival time when party begins
- 45-min dance class
- 30-min for food or a sweet treat
- Remaining 30 min can be up to you. Some families have booked face painters, balloon artists, played games, brought in Piñatas, or hired a character.
- 30min post party to pack up and clean up. Birthday Party family only at this time.
Want to book our space for other types of parties, fundraisers, or events?
Contact us at 650-393-5593 and we would be happy to discuss other possibilities.